Bird of Paradise


Messages flood the inbox
I have nothing more to say
A Bird of paradise causes a flutter
Every time she passes my way
The winter sun shining not so bright
Bring hope into this Gloomy day
The loss of words strikes me hard
I fall into the pit and hit the bottom hard
I am left speechless by the bird of prey
Blessed with an eagle eye for the humble and wry
She swoops down upon to pick me up
I was shattered n shorn
Lonely n forlorn
Until she helped me today
A moment of magic transformed my moments of despair
I wanted to confess but was left stranded outside her lair
She had an aura of fantasy
Was a glorious little enigma
Reality or imagination
She was full of a charisma
And when she transforms,
From a royal beast to a ballistic beauty
The Gods almost forget their duty
Angels whisper in hushed tones
The devil waits for her to come back home
In anguish and waiting for repair
She comes as breath of fresh air
From the land of the purple trees
Chirpy like the parrots
Attracted to her as rabbits are to carrots
Her moods change in the blink of an eye
She transforms into an angel and makes me fly
Invites me to a drink in the bar of paradise
Chaos and havoc were her drinks of choice
She creates one for me with her sweet smile
Drunken n drowsy I look into her eyes
The angel transforms into a tropical butterfly
She plays n flies around in and out of my head
She screws the inner connections n wires instead
She proves the old idioms right
“A tropical butterfly like a beauty from Hawaii
Can create a storm amidst the clear sky”
My thoughts are a blur
All I think is of her
When I come back to my senses the butterfly is gone
Into the night I see a fawn
Doe eyed I look out for it
I realise the game is not over as yet
I have recovered from shock n awe
The knight is ready to serve n protect
To save the bird in its various forms
Sapped n tired, the doe transforms
Back into her original form
A beautiful girl, neither timid nor weak
Just a simple one, humble n sleek
Too shy to call for help
Yet strong enough to overpower an elf
As we drive into the night, the trees passing by
Moments of the night flash bright
Curls of her hair distract my sight
Remind me of the ocean waves having fun
And dancing in the morning sun
The city awakens and begins to hum
I put on the shades n drive into the traffic ahead
Just hoping that she could make us fly, instead.

Comments

Tanvi said…
:) :) i didn't know this was on the blog too ;) the best poem! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Work Karma

Engineers defined

street fight