street fight

The only I waited for her to be one with me
Separation between us was ‘he’
He was an idiot although smart and bright
I challenged him to fight or flight
The fight ensued, he was no weakling
Whatever the result, the fight was to be thrilling
The crowds cheered, some booed us thru
The cops came and placed their bets too
The odds were stacked against me four to one
At this point he took out his gun
Then shocked and stunned I fell to the ground
Some smiled and left, some stayed and frowned
Then I realized he had the brains of a goat
I was lying there hapless as the captain of a sinking boat
He assumed me to be scared and intimidated
But my courage was just a façade
I was frightened to the core
But I wouldn’t let him make her his whore
Butting on a brave face was never so hard
My hands were trembling so was my back
The raging sense of pain flaming inside
The fire of passion burning bright
His eyes were glowing embers, the gun shone in his hand
All I could think was how to ask for her hand
The cops were waiting, so were the cops
The fumes of their money breathing down our backs
I was beaten down but was fighting to win
Although some may consider this as punishment for my sins
Why had I neglected her?
The question tormented me
As I pondered over this question that night
I almost forgot about the fight
He hit me on the head with the gun
And steadied his aim on my head, my arms and legs writhing in pain
Three...two...one and then he fired it
I was lucky I dodged it, or this might have been the end
He charged at me with all his might but I managed to trip him as he bend
The gun flew out of his hand into the dark
His head banged against the tree bark
I still wanted to hit him but finally I realized
That he was fighting for her too
Instead of him on the floor it cold have been me too
There was no point in attacking a fainted man
I left him there to be picked up by the ambulance van
Then I walked up straight into her arms as she trembled with fright
Her body’s warmth drove away the chill of the night
...The beacon of our love shining bright …

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Work Karma

Engineers defined